Water, Environment and Public Realm
Setting international benchmarks in environment + water
Protecting public health and our environment is the driving force for our water and environment team. Clean and safe water is a key component of protecting public health; our team has extensive experience with drinking and recycled water stormwater, open space planning and water sensitive urban design and can provide expert advice to our clients and resolve technical challenges from catchment to tap.
We have specialists who critically review management systems and identify practical and measured improvements. Our team has national certification to undertake audits of these systems to measure the level of implementation.
Bligh Tanner regularly advises Councils and government authorities on water management challenges and opportunities.
Our team has experience with:
- Policy and guideline development
- Integrated water cycle management
- Water sensitive urban design that balances development and sustainability issues
- Natural channel design, flood, drainage and overland flow assessments
- Management plans and systems (drinking water, recycled Water, healthcare facilities, HACCP, Laboratory, ISO 22000)
- Technical advice and peer reviews (water quality, contamination events, water treatment plant performance, guideline development, product validation, intelligent water networks)
- Auditing (regulatory, non-regulatory)
- Roof water and stormwater harvesting
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies
- National parks and open space planning
- Water efficiency investigations
- Facilitation, training and capacity building