The Latest News at Bligh Tanner
Bligh Tanner is pleased to announce the welcoming of new team members James Martin, Candece Rennie, Tim Priebbenow, Josh Artis, Andrew Mackenzie and a welcome ‘home’ to Dan Exintaris. These talented individuals have joined us in a range of roles across the business and we are looking forward to watching them grow with Bligh Tanner over the coming years.
We’ll be introducing many of these new faces on Instagram towards the end of this month.
Hanlon Park Stage 1 – Opens to the public
A project milestone for our Civil and Water team saw a community get it’s creek back. Alan Hoban and Ashley Flower of Bligh Tanner were among the crowd at the opening of Hanlon Park (Stage 1) on the 29th May. The new creek was officially opened by the Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner and Councilor Fiona Cunningham Brisbane City Council, joined by an enthusiastic crowd of local residents, families and children. Hanlon Park showcases what’s possible when good design enables people to reconnect with their local environment. The project includes the renaturalisation of an 800 m of concrete stormwater channel and the redevelopment of parkland, with lots of opportunities for natureplay.
Hanlon Park’s success paves the way for the rehabilitation and rewilding of other sites across Brisbane, allowing communities access to an outcome that is both highly functional and also beautiful.
Awards and Recognition
This time of year is considered ‘award season’ for many in the design industry. This year Bligh Tanner recognises numerous project partners and the vast list of awards collected across Architecture, Landscape and Planning, both locally and regionally. A few winners include:
- St Rita’s College Trinity Centre – M3 Architecture- The John Dalton Award for Building of the Year
- Waltzing Matilda – COX Architecture The J. W. Wilson Award for Building of the Year, and Commendation for Public Architecture
- Kurrajong – Centre for Senior Learning, The Springfield Anglican College – Fulton Trotter Architects The William Hogden Award for Building of Year and Commendation for Educational Architecture
- HEY House – Willemsen Architecture The Philipp Folent Award for Building of the Year
- Alondra Residences – BVN Regional Commendations Residential Architecture
- Riverbank House – Wilson Architects
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School Science Learning Centre – M3 Architecture Regional Commendation Educational Architecture
Making a difference
The team got together with the Powerwells Organisation to enjoy an educational and motivating few hours taking apart old laptop batteries to build something quite remarkable. Link here for the full story