The Latest News at Bligh Tanner
Our team has had a very successful quarter this term. Civil and Water Director Alan Hoban joins our Founding Director Rod Bligh as a winner of Professional Engineer of the Year QLD. We’ve also celebrated internal promotions and project wins.
+ Team News
An internal promotion welcomed Paul Huntley, Jean-Pierre Victor and Michael Walker to BIM Leaders within our structural drafting team. The role, which is jointly held, centres around three core functions for the drafting group; Technology + Innovation, Procedural + Standards Management and Internal Team Management. We’ve seen a positive influence from this newly developed role and have enjoyed watching the team settle into their new responsibilities.
+ Award Winning
We’ve been lucky to be part of, and lead some pioneering project teams this year. A number of projects we were involved in were entered into various awards; many of which we won!
- +Landscapology and Bligh Tanner won at the AILA Awards for the Small Creek Naturalisation Stages 1 and 2 for: Excellence in Land Management
- + Bligh Tanner was part of a team that won a Planning Institute of Australia National Award for Excellence, for the Mandingalbay Yidinji Eco Infrastructure Tourism Project (Category: Best Planning Ideas – Small Project).
Our Architectural clients were also recognised for their great work;
- + Phorm Architecture + Design received an Award for Mill Hill Retreat, in the category Residential Architecture Houses (New)
- + Paul Butterworth received a Commendation for Corymbia, in the category Residential Architecture Houses (New)
- + Sims White Architects in Association with Shane Thompson Architects received a Commendation for The Goods Shed – Toowoomba, in the category Heritage Architecture
+ Professional Engineer of the Year QLD
We are very proud to add to the ‘pool room’ another Engineers Australia ‘Engineer of the Year Award’. Civil and Water Director Alan Hoban now joins Founding Director Rod Bligh as a winner of Queensland Engineer of the Year.
‘Engineer of the Year’ is awarded to individuals who represent:
- + Outstanding examples of innovation and resourcefulness within the engineering profession.
- + The highest technical, professional and community service standards in engineering.
- + The broad nature and impacts of the profession through their significant contributions.
These attributes all align with the values of our business, as we focus on helping our clients and collaborators achieve excellence in the projects we contribute to.
We’re very proud of our clients, team and of course of Alan for their achievements this quarter.